Thursday, March 24, 2016

March 20 Cambodia

Internet was out on the boat for most of yesterday, so I'm rushing to get some things posted before we head off to Ha Long bay and Hanoi.  As I post this (3/25) the weather has changed from hot and humid to cold and rainy.  The boat is moving somewhat, so that's what I'll blame for the typing errors.


We arrived in Cambodia to a welcoming committee on the pier.  For us, we were going to Angkor Wat and had to wait, with delays, until late afternoon.  It was a short flight over the center of the country.  The tour company met us at the airport, bussed us to the hotel and quickly turned around and took us to dinner.  








The setting was beautiful, but I would have preferred air conditioning rather than sitting around the pool in 95 degree heat.  The amusing part was fans located around the seating area that included misters to cool us down.  When the humidy is 90%, more water isn't going to cool anything down.  During our stay it was always HOT and HUMID.  On our touring day the high was 104F with lots of humidity.  I drank 2L of water and probably should have taken in more.

There was an included cultural show.  The dancing was slow, more like tai chi than aerobics.  The music was primarily something that looked like a small xylophone, which was played by a master.  Clearly he had done his 10,000 hours, although the songs sounded all the same.




2 comments:

Deus said...

Thank you, I am really enjoying your posts.

Lauren

Deus said...

I finally was able to post my comment which I have been doing sporadically since you started your cruise. It never worked until today! I am quit computer dumb :( Oh well I know now.

Again thanks for all your time that you have spent writing your blog. I really have enjoyed every moment!

Lauren