Sunday, March 20, 2016

19 March Bangkok, continued

Turns out that I didn't have to head down for our tour.  The flight was cancelled, so we're now leaving 1.5 hours later.   We hope.

Continuing in Bangkok, after the Palace we had a boat ride along the river and canals, taking us to lunch. Centuries ago Bangkok was a city of canals and few streets.  That changed after the king visited Europe and decided to adopt their ways.  There are still a few canals left, and we went down one of them.



Monitor lizard
 There was a stop to feed the catfish, complete with day old bread for each person on the boat


 Kenny, our great tour guide also owns two bakeries in the country, and is not a fan of the mainland Chinese.  (I also think Kenny was an awesome guide.....c)


3 comments:

Ingrid said...

Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoy your pictures and comments!

Sarah said...

Realized I hadn't commented in a while - pictures continue to be excellent! Hope you're enjoying Angkor Wat and that you have no more excitement with planes!

Erin said...

Loving all the temples and interesting sights ... but not the crowds. I guess I had better start preparing for myself for crowds, though as they seem to be the norm rather than the exception.