Tuesday, March 15, 2016

March 14-15 Singapore Architecture


One of the things we really enjoyed in our Chicago visit a couple of years ago was the architecture tour done by boat.  To my unpracticed eye Singapore has lots of interesting building styles.  I would have appreciated an architecture tour, but (a) I didn't see one available, and (b) we didn't have enough time for it anyway. (I think the entry on our Chicago visit is way down near the bottom of this blog.)

Here are the ones I saw that I thought were interesting.  I know nothing about the buildings or their architects.  I think the pictures are geo-tagged to give you an idea of where they are, but that's about it.  I liked them.

Right near the port where we were docked.  Seen from the other side the buildings really lean a lot towards and away from where this picture was taken.

Interesting triangular bump out from the building


Taken from the verandah of our room.  The cableway ran right over the ship.  Didn't have time to take it to Sentosa Island.

 Marina Bay Sands Hotel.  We walked through it on our way to the Gardens.






This one was under construction.   Looks more like they're building a roller coaster than an office building.



1 comment:

Erin said...

No stodgy old buildings these ... interesting lines and curves and angles.