Sunday, June 12, 2016

June 8  Maui

We anchored off the city of Lahaina and took a ship's excursion to a snorkeling site on the southern side of Maui.  The tenders were launched so we could ride across the choppy sea to the town. 
 Island of Maui. 
 This was our boat for the day, the Trilogy IV.  A very nice sailing catamaran with water entrances both fore and aft for ease of snorkeling.

 Underwater pics



 After snorkeling and lunch we headed back to the pier, put up the sails and stopped the engines.  The captain Steph is the full bearded guy pulling on the sail rope.  I couldn't understand how he could be comfortable with a full beard like that, but he seemed to be having a good day on the job.


 As the Insignia sailed off for Kauai the setting sun made for interesting patterns on the hillside of Maui.

I wasn't feeling very well today, a bad case of motion sickness from the tender ride, then the catamaran.  I was loaded with all of the remedies -- Dramamine only makes me sleepy and ginger just upsets my stomach.  The rocking and rolling while under sail was the final insult.  I was quite glad when we make it back to Insignia after the tender ride.

No comments: