Friday, April 15, 2016

April 16 At Sea -- Electrical Infrastructure India and Vietnam

Thought I'd catch up with some things from the past.  I've been fascinated by the wiring on the power poles in the second and third world countries.  We were just in Japan, and it looked just like the US.

Here are some pictures from India.





These are from Vietnam, both Saigon and Hanoi.


 The boxes at the bottom of the wiring bundle are the meters, measuring usage.
 Although not particularly messy, notice the speakers at the top of the pole.  In Hanoi they broadcast the news daily using them.  Sort of a communist version of the Muslim call to prayer.




2 comments:

Erin said...

Reminds me of some of the electrical infrastructure we've seen in South America.

Clarinet57 said...

It's why the power dropped in India every time I was there, sometimes multiple times a day. I tried to stay out of elevators!