Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year to our family and friends  who are reading our blog!

Today was the day that we did all of the little final things.  I cleaned house and washed everything that didn't move.  I cleaned out the fridge and the pantry which required that I eat many cookies! I couldn't throw them away, could I?  


 David dropped off books at the  library and went to the camera store to purchase some back up batteries for our cameras.  Evidently the back up battery failed (how ironic!) so he wanted some more.  Thanks  Delray Camera Shop!


Our 2 ton rolling duffels are packed and ready to go.  Neighbors in Boca have been hugged, car washed and Sta-bil has been added to the tank since it will sit for 6 months.  Bills and IRS have been taken care of!


 My buddies that I see everyday on my beach walk said they wanted to come with me but I reminded them that the cabin was small and they were large!  Our friends Nick & Joan are going to watch our place here and the wonderful women of NC- Sarah,  the Sues, Holly, Judy, and assorted doggies- are going to take care of Home.  


Tomorrow the town car picks us up at noon and takes us to the Epic Hotel in Miami.  David and I hope to walk around and look at some of the cool places, meet up with the others at 5 at the hotel who are cruising the whole 180 days, eat somewhere, and try to get some sleep!  


Hey, Munchkin... I have Boca the Pelican with me so I'll try to include her in some photos!
David and I hope you all have a wonderful and gentle winter.  I am sad to miss college basketball but extremely happy to miss all of the political primaries and commentaries!!  


Take care of each other......hugs, c

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Bon Voyage! The DW and I will be following your blog. Thanks for sharing your travels for those of us who still have to work for a living! ;)

Dave / Cynthia Bradley said...

chris-
welcome aboard. Believe me, we've done that whole "work for a living" thing!

Our big adventure starts today at noon with the arrival of the town car to take us to the Epic Hotel in Miami for an overnight and then on to the ship Monday morning!!

Erin said...

Bon Voyage! Looking forward to voyaging with you. I remember writing comments like Chris's ... now we're on the other side having done the "working for a living thing" and enjoying the fruits of our labors.